Application for International Admissions
Things You Should Know After You Are Admitted
- Admitted students should complete registration(payment for tuition fee) in designated period. Otherwise, admission decision will be rescinded.
- Applicants whose graduation status is pending during the time of application should submit their Graduation Certificates to the Office of Admissions within 15 days after their enrollment at SNU. Failure to submit such a document without a valid reason may invalidate any admissions offer.
- Since July 14, 2007, Seoul National University has complied with the Apostille Requirements in accordance with the 1961 Hague Convention. Accordingly, newly admitted students from countries which are signatories to the convention must attach and submit the Apostille. Students from countries which are NOT signatories to the convention must submit a substitute documents; which can be official documents legalized by a Korean consular office, or another form of authentication (e.g. a Certificate of Authentication or a Certificate of Overseas Educational Institutions) issued by the Korean Embassy or Consulate. Please refer to Admissions guide [Appendix 3] for further details.
- The admissions committee will decide whether or not each student should take an additional Korean test. Admitted students, who are notified of taking Korean Proficiency Test at the SNU Language Education Institute (LEI), should take the Korean language test on the scheduled date. If a students gets Level 4 or below in his/her Korean Proficiency Test, he/she may be subject to the limitation in enrollment.
- Admitted students may not defer admission to a later semester. If admitted students want to use leave of absence after registration, they should contact the administration office of corresponding colleges in advance.
- After the announcement of the admissions decision, admitted students are advised to note the ‘Guide for Admitted Students’ for information about scholarships, campus accommodations, and other information.
Last updated in December. 2015