The College English Program of the Faculty of Liberal Education at Seoul National University has full-time instructor positions available for qualified native speakers of English.
As Korea’s leading university, Seoul National University is committed to preparing its undergraduate and graduate students to work and live in an increasingly competitive global environment. The College English Program at the University is looking for qualified instructors to teach English for academic purposes at the undergraduate level.
1. Qualifications: Native speakers of English with a MASTER'S DEGREE and above. Only candidates with 4 or more years of graduate study/teaching experience should apply. Preference will be given to candidates whose degree is in TESL or Applied Linguistics. Experience in teaching Korean university students is also desirable. Candidates who can teach academic/technical writing and/or presentation courses for students majoring in engineering and natural sciences are especially welcome.
2. Start of Employment: September 2016
3. Length of Contract: One year (renewable)
Teach twelve (12) class hours per week.
Maintain two (2) office hours per week.
Assist in the operation of the program.
Spring and fall semesters are 15 weeks long. Lecturers are required to be on campus a week before the semester begins.
5. Pay: The monthly salary is 2,972,000 won. You will be paid 35,000 won/hour for any additional hours of teaching.
6. Housing: Foreign faculty members are entitled to stay in an on-campus apartment for the duration of the contract. Monthly rent varies between 398,000 won (studio apartment) and 630,000 won (two-bedroom apartment for the married). Key money (3-month rent) and first-month rent should be paid before moving in. The College English Program will provide 600,000 won as a monthly housing subsidy. Please be informed that a two-bedroom apartment may NOT be available.
7-1. Documents required of all applicants:
7-2. Documents required of the finalists:
8. Deadline and Contacts:
All applications must arrive no later than April 29th, 2016. Please send the documents to Ms. Sumin Kim at the College English Program. We prefer applications sent via SURFACE or EXPRESS MAIL.
Your application documents will not be returned except the original copy of your academic transcript, certificate and diploma. Finalists will be individually informed of the interview and demonstration lecture schedule no later than May 17th.
Please refer to our website (http://cep.snu.ac.kr) for further details about the program or contact Ms. Sumin Kim at (+82-2) 880-5881 or email@example.com. Please visit the website of Korean Immigration Office (http://www.hikorea.go.kr) for further information about visa matters.
Ms. Sumin Kim
College English Program
Building 3, room 212
Seoul National University
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu
Seoul 08826, Republic of Korea